What's the Difference between the jailbreaks?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by shortguy088, Jan 26, 2008.

1. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    what is the difference between the nate true jb and the official dev team one/ i already have used the nate true way and i was wondering what is the difference. the dev team one says that they are sing the soft upgrade package too so im guessing its the samething just their is "official"
  2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Oct 5, 2007
    With the NateTrue one, you are likely to encounter issues, so far known ones are springboard one, mail password one, and ssh one. I think ssh one have not been addressed yet.

With dev eam one, you have the proper one that is "expected" per se by most 3rd party developers in the scene. So, if your NateTrue jailbreak doesn't work with some apps, they may very well tell you to go away and do it properly.

Recommendation? If time allows, re-jailbreak to 1.1.2, and then do the proper dev team update. Alternatively, if you're feeling lucky, stick with NateTrue one if you want... until you encounter problems, then go back and do it properly. For the record, don't expect a smooth transisition to 1.1.4 or whatever the later versions are from NateTrue's hack. It may very well be bugged out still.
  3. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

Jan 1, 2008
    their reallyu not a difference at all. nate's jb is automatic (sore of) but then u gotta do some extra work in order to get the full features of 1.1.3 jb and fix some bugs. dev's by the way requires to u add in extra files into ur ipod and and run a program that will install the 1.1.3 jb with no bugs at all but its alittle difficult to understand what their asking for