Whats The Deal!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by moosh, Feb 15, 2008.

1. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    WARNING: Be Carfeul With Terminal!!!

Okay so my music and videos were working just fine. I have a 1.1.3 JB. Then I felt like adding a chat client so...

- I downloaded SBD Subsystem
    - Downloaded Apollo
    - Downloaded Mobilechat

Neither chat clients worked so I searched the forum and figured out I had to change the hosts file. Did that and the applications worked. Then I realized that the SMB themes I downloaded didn't go into the right folder... when I asked someone how I fix that. They told me to go to the Terminal in WINSCP and type these codes..

- cd /Applications
    - chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    - chown -R root:wheel Installer.app

So I did that. Now I go to play some music and what do you know... THEY DON'T PLAY! All the applications work fine. But music wont play and when I try to play a video it says.. "the movie could not be played". Meaning somewhere along the line one of these things I did to my IPOD messed it up. Can anyone help me figure might have f***ed it up and how to fix it?

I doubt it's apollo or movilechat. And I really dont think its the fact that I changed the hosts file, because I went back and undid the changes to make sure that wasn't it, and it didn't fix the music/videos. So I assume its either SBD Subsystems or these codes I put into winscp. Anyone help?

HERE'S THE THREAD WHERE I GOT THOSE CODES: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35572

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!
  2. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Yup same here. But all of my music moved to "other."
  3. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think it's with those codes... anyone know how to do the opposite codes to make my ipod go back to normal?
  4. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    See if you have anything in VAR/root/media/itunes_control/music. I believe that is where your music is stored. Also, have you tried syncing with iTunes?
  5. moosh

moosh New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, it's in PRIVATE/var/mobile/media/itunes_control/music

Is it in the wrong place? What do I do?
  6. RetepNamenots

RetepNamenots New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can someone help me please? I'm having the same problem and resyncing my music hasn't worked...

Please Register or Log in to view images