What's the deal?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Axis, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Right now, people inquiring about getting 3.0 for free are getting absolutely trashed. I'm fine with that. But my question is why people who posted links to [removed] (which has links to EVERY SINGLE iPod/iPhone firmware, for free) punished? That site just points to Apple servers, but still, you could get 2.x for free. Why wasn't THAT against the rules, but posting a link to Apple's servers for 3.0 GM is?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Many, MANY people were banned for posting links (both direct and indirect) for 2.0. Probably literally over 1000. You can go back through the infraction threads and find that pretty easily.
  3. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    With all due respect, that link was fully approved on this site when I posted. Months ago, I asked you, via PM, why that link was allowed to be posted. You said something about it being from apple's servers. Also, I also questioned why custom 2.x firmwares could be posted. I believe the response I got was something like "we have to assume that most people have already purchased 2.x anyway".

I am not at ALL for stealing this firmware. My only issue is that not everything adds up.
  4. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    " we have to assume"?

but some may not.
  5. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Please Note: That is not the exact response I got. Kiks52 said something to that effect.
  6. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You're right. You've discovered the conspiracy

7. beebop

beebop New Member

why was hellrider infracted? i posted a link to that site before for the 2.0/2.1 firmware and was told it was okay because it was from apple???? there's rules... but they aren't clear... how about a big flashing notice like for the 2g jailbreak?
  8. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think maybe this forum has made some mistakes in the past, but the point is, not what happened in the past, but what's happening now.

Bottom line: Just obey the rules, and don't complain

9. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My problem is that I received a warning for posting a link that was approved by this site. If it was a simple oversight by bgizzle i can understand that, but why give me a warning for posting an APPROVED link.

EDIT: the link I posted is STILL approved.
  10. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Because the approval system works by domain name, it was approved a long time ago, there might be other content that is not bad on the site, etc. etc. Should we not give infractions when people posts links to youtube just because it has videos encouraging piracy?

EDIT: Seriously, do you guys have nothing better to do than trying to prove us wrong? I'm seriously getting very tired of this. I understand you're trying to help, but if you think you've noticed an issue, PM me and don't drag this crap into public. If a mod is misinformed about the rules, PM me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.