Whats the best way to save for pokemon? it crashes alot...

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Oregon, May 9, 2009.

1. Oregon

Oregon New Member

I just started playing Emerald but have been having pretty major issues with saving.

So, is it completely pointless to use the in game save?

Should I use autosave?

Should I save using the menu, then quit "without saving"?

Should I not save while playing, then open up the menu and "save state to new file"?

Should I use save [currently loaded]?

Should I use any settings other than "scaling"?
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

well, ive been having the same problems. ive just started pokemon emerald again (ive beat it about 3x

Please Register or Log in to view images

), and when i beat the girl after i get my starter, it crashes and im back in the lab again

Please Register or Log in to view images

so im wondering of there is a save state fix that can be downloaded from cydia or inserted into the file system using winscp.
  3. Oregon

Oregon New Member

I think I've figured out a good way to save your file without crashing. I save in game frequently and it never has an affect on stability. I save the state only when I quit, and I select save state to new file. Do not save, then quit, then save again. This seems to screw things up. And do not use the other "save continue" as that one has crashed alot for me as well. Just the combination of in game save and saving state as a little backup plan.