What's the best instant messenger application HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by therealriley, Jun 7, 2009.

1. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can anyone suggest an instant messenger program that will notify me I have a chat request without the app being turned on /played ? I have truphone voip on my touch which allows me to make phone calls on my iPod but I can only receive calls when I load the truphone app. Most Im apps work the same can I get round this? I will get an iPhone soon but for now I need something for my touch. If you can suggest an app it would help also I'm jailbroken so I can use third party apps. Cheers
  2. Qbeck

Qbeck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    maybe if you use backrounder with aim running, you'll see the badge change when you have an IM?
  3. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice one pal but I'm new too that can you give me a little bit more information? Cheers
  4. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You could try Palringo. I've not used it too much, but there's an option to have it send an e-mail when you get a new message, could set up an account for "notification" purposes, but that seems like a bit of overhead.

I've not tried using it with backgrounder, the iTouch 1G is already slow enough as it is with winterboard, little RAM, and the slower processor, but perhaps you can find something that works for you.
  5. EyeBanez

EyeBanez New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  6. therealriley

therealriley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the thing is I only get notified of my emails again when I load the email app so I still don't get an alert straight away. I need a text message style app I think??????