What's so great...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spoonforknife, Dec 7, 2007.

1. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I had my mom ask me, "What's so great about the iPod touch, and why is it better than your current iPod [5.5G Video from rich uncle]?"

Anybody have any answers?

I'm vouching for one for christmas, willing to pay half, have it be the only gift, give up my allowance for 1 1/2 years, and have no birthday present. Plus, I got straight A's albeit 1 B+ in my first year of high school, and just had a substitute teacher comment that my parents raised me well. I'm just trying to get a little more evidence for the iPod touch.
  2. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

It has a touch screen, you can put apps on it, it has wifi.
    You shouldn't have to convince your parents anyways with all that you're giving up.
  3. spoonforknife

I know, just like... more obscure reasons.
  4. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can write down notes, I use it to write down my homework to not forget it.
    You could use it for checking mails, so nobody has to turn on the pc just for checking mails.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's the coolest thing EVER!
  6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm well you can browse the interwebz, touch screen, and like some one else said, use notes to write down what you have for homework (I do this also

Please Register or Log in to view images

) Uhh more customization? (Don't know too much about customizing on iPod Videos...) uhhh I don't think you have to really say anything else..Especially with what your giving up...

You still shouldn't have to pay half and give up your birthday presents...Giving up allowance for 1 1/2 years, having good grades and that being the only thing for christmas should be enough.
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Hey dude, how old are you?

There are many part time jobs out there (depending on what state you live in for age minimums), and you can make enough money for an iPod Touch within two or so weeks of part time work.

I am 17, but here in WA State, I worked at a theme park part time last summer (when I was 16, the minimum age) and made $450 every 2 weeks. Made $2500 by the end of the summer.

It depends though... I remember when I was 10, I worked 2 hrs every evening selling lemonade on the corner of my block, and made $150 that summer. That was a big deal for me, since I am a money saver, not so hot on spending. Now, It's real easy to get a quick job in high school and make some quick $$ for whatever you want. Plus, it works well with working hours for school graduation requirements and a good resume (assuming you are a good kid and get lots of compliments) to get promoted, making more money, or a good record for future jobs! ^^

Hope my details were good enough. I am a straight A student like you, get lots of compliments, play music, and got a really good resume and was offered a promotion within 2 weeks of my part time working.
  8. AliasMrJones

AliasMrJones New Member

If you can't think of enough reasons then why are you willing to give up all that stuff for one?
  9. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

Out of curiosity, how much is your allowance? You could probably save up all of your allowance and buy your own iPod Touch in less than the 1.5 years you're offering to give up. You just won't get it by Christmas. Plus if you're already going to pay half anyway, you're already halfway there.
  10. spoonforknife

"It depends though... I remember when I was 10, I worked 2 hrs every evening selling lemonade on the corner of my block, and made $150 that summer. That was a big deal for me, since I am a money saver, not so hot on spending. Now, It's real easy to get a quick job in high school and make some quick $$ for whatever you want. Plus, it works well with working hours for school graduation requirements and a good resume (assuming you are a good kid and get lots of compliments) to get promoted, making more money, or a good record for future jobs! "

I'm 13, so...yeah. But it's not amatter of money, I have $770. I can buy it.

"If you can't think of enough reasons then why are you willing to give up all that stuff for one?"

As for you: I have plenty of reasons. Just seeing if anybody has some I don't know. I know it's 8 mm thin, the box dimensions are 3 by 9 by 12 (in), the battery life for audio is 22 hours, and video is 5 hours. Just a note: I didn't look that up.

"Out of curiosity, how much is your allowance? You could probably save up all of your allowance and buy your own iPod Touch in less than the 1.5 years you're offering to give up. You just won't get it by Christmas. Plus if you're already going to pay half anyway, you're already halfway there."

As I said, I have a bit of money to spend. I've saved up for the last 4-5 years. The only thing I spend money on is lunch and I don't eat school lunches very often. (i.e. twice a year)