Whats so great about pwnage / winpwn?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by KingOfWar, Apr 14, 2008.

1. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I thought its awesome but when I actually thought about what it does it didnt just seem as great as I thought it was. First if like to ask... you can only change your bootlogo, jailbreak any new firmware that comes, and restore to a jailbroken firmware?

If I'm right then id like to say that a default jailbreak that isn't configured to a specific firmware will get really buggy especially as the firmwares increase. Restoring to an already jailbroken iPod / iPhone, for me, wont seem fun. Since when I jailbreak my iPod Touch i am proud that I put my effort into actually doing it. Not just some dev team.

And boot logo. Why the f***? You would never catch me putting a boot logo on my iPod unless I have an extra one which I got for free.

The facts On a boot logo

Who turns off there iPod / iPhone everytime they stop using it? I doubt anyone does.
    Me? The ONLY time I restart my iPod is when I accidentally hit my spacers apps which makes a screen you cant get out of or when I ssh into my iPod Touch and change some sh*t.

This is all in my opinion. Please I don't want people flaming me. And don't get me wrong I am going to pwn my iPod once winpwn comes out, its just that pwning it wont be such a big deal. If anyone wants to discuss I'm up for it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Aristarchos

Aristarchos Banned

pwning is more of a long term type of thing...
    in the future, if your iPod is pwned, there will be no need for new jailbreaking methods,
    the new firmware can simply be modded and ran on a pwned ipod

don't think of it as instant gratification
    think of it as an easier future
  3. Pwnapple

Pwnapple New Member

U put the effort in making the firmware and will eventually able to package your apps and you really dont do any work with ziphone or iliberty so you only have to pwn once and only when u want to
  4. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You two just restated something I said against. What if and this is a big what if but apple makes there firmware un pwnable!! OMGWTFBBQ? But seriusly it would be really easy for them to do it. And list I said in my first post using the same tool to jailbreak all the firmwares will be buggy. Too the second dude I stated above that I like jailbreaking my iPod MANUALLY. Becouse I know that I put my time and effort into it rather then just hitting a button and getting all my favorite apps.
  5. Aristarchos

Aristarchos Banned

whatever floats your boat man, just don't go around hating on pwning just because you dont personally like it, its a big convenience for a lot of people.
  6. fatboyfoley

fatboyfoley New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ehh

yeah doing it each time is rewarding but lets say something goes wrong and your gonna go hang out with somefriends. it ruins it..like me ive had sometrouble and i had to go a school day with out my itouch. with pwage you just have to "restore" and boom your done..

hey with pwnage does it have your songs and videos in your custom firmware? that would be awesome
  7. KingOfWar

KingOfWar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol next time READ the bold text =)

EDIT:
    From what I heard its possible. But I can be wrong.