What's so great about 1.1.3 jailbroken??

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by dudeman123, Feb 3, 2008.

1. dudeman123

dudeman123 New Member

I jailbroke my iPod touch in 1.1.3 and besides the wiggle feature, its nothing to write home about. A lot of applications can't be used in it. I liked 1.1.2 better and unless someone can persuade me to not downgrade, I'm going back to 1.1.2. So if there is something really nice about 1.1.3 that I don't know about that makes it a lot better than 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, please tell me.

Thanks
  2. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

Yeah i upgraded and all but like none of the apps work then i opened installer and it froze so i had to go into recovery mode so i am just going to stay on 1.1.2 for now
  3. alcohol120

alcohol120 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah id downgrade till all the bugs are fixed, because you never know what problems you can get. i upgraded and now my keyboard doesnt work, TTR doesnt work and a bunch of other crap doesnt work either. id downgrade if i wasnt so lazy
  4. zerovoid

zerovoid New Member

lol do whatever you whish. everybody knews what the 1.1.3 features are. if you dont like it, dont use it!
    the only important thing you should keep in mind is, that 1.1.3 is the firmware needed for the apple sdk apps.
  5. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I heard you can use ibrikr to boot out of recovery mode and back in, I wish you could dual boot like you could with the older iPods.
  6. ijailbreak91

ijailbreak91 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    It´s up to date....no more reasons.....i like the apps......the only one that i miss is the real cusomize!
  7. alcohol120

alcohol120 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah well the fact is eventually you are going to have to upgrade
  8. simon_newman49

simon_newman49 New Member

trust me on this i updated to a soft upgrade 1.1.3, am downgrading too many bugs etc. coming up.
    just wait for the 1.1.3 jailbreak to come out.
  9. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    About the keyboard, happened to me so I tried ijailbreakmobile from 1.1.2, it didn't work from 1.1.1, and all my problems were solved, accept ttr and iphysics, funny iphysics worked on the jailbreak with the bum keyboard.
  10. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know this isn't important to some folks, since 1.1.2 worked fine, but 1.1.3 seems to have some tweaks in the UI code which make it more snappy.

The kernel is unchanged from 1.1.2 (uname -a reports same kernel version #, same build date)

Overall, not having all apps run as root is a good idea

Please Register or Log in to view images

I dunno, I like it. At this point everything I personally used in 1.1.2 is working in 1.1.3. So why not?