What's killing my battery life???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Zee, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had a full battery charge at around 11am this morning on my iPhone. I don't have wifi or SSH turned on all day, and at 7pm my battery is down to 55%

What the hell? I have my brightness down to only 1/4 of the setting. Here's what I did all day:

1. Made 1 phone call that lasted about 1 minute
    2. Sent 3 text messages
    3. Listened to 45 minutes of music with Scrobbled turned on to scrobble the songs to last.fm
    4. Surfed the web for 15 minutes MAX on 3G.

So what the hell??? That is VERY light use that I've done all day and my battery is nearly half drained? I've had a full cell phone signal all day so it's not searching for a signal or anything like that.

Is there any app I can use to see which processes are running in the background?

One thing I did notice is I had GPS Kit installed, and everytime I launched it the timer was WAY WAY high, like it never stops counting. I thought apps couldn't run in the background, but GPS Kit when I started it had like over 100 hours on the timer and still counting up?? Could it be running in the background sucking my power? I uninstalled the damn thing to see if it makes a difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. Psycho Mantis

Psycho Mantis New Member

change your email to check less often possibly?
  3. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Only have it set to hourly fetches, push is off.
  4. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    tbh that sounds like more than just slight iPhone use... and i dont know what gps kit so i dont knwo if it could be using your battery?
  5. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

1 hour use is more than slight??? This thing should last longer than 2 hours.
  6. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    how do u turn on SSH? i just install it and SSH in it but theres no turn off or on for me.
  7. badcereal685

badcereal685 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I noticed for some reason that the 2.0.2 fw really decreased my battery life but when I jailbroke it it randomly got good again. I didn't install any random battery fix programs either.
  8. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Scrobbled takes a lot of memory to run, if I recall.
  9. ihellago

ihellago New Member

sounds about right
  10. itoucheefeelee

itoucheefeelee New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If I remember right, this was a concern Apple had when determining what to do about jailbreaking and 3rd party applications. They had their hands tied because on one end they are losing a valuable market and on the other end they can not pitch the battery life because of apps using more battery. There is no real way to determine what is "hardly used" because the draw of battery is determined by app, might as well consider the fact that if you are running any app, that you might as well have a charger nearby.