What's happening to my iPod???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hunid Racks, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

I've noticed recently that it's become mad slow, especially in the YouTube app. Every single time I go to my YouTube app and search something, the results then come in and I can't scroll down for like 20 seconds. Then it all kind of catches up and then hangs up again, then works again. Then after I watch a video, and it goes to the after screen (details) I press return and it takes like 10 or 15 seconds! wtf!? Some of my actions in Safari are also sluggish and take a bit to register. Why is this happening? I am not jailbroken, I have still 4GB left out of my 16GB. (if how full the iPod is even matters) I just don't get it. I don't really shut down my iPod alot, I put it to sleep all the time and only restart/shut down every couple of weeks. Does that matter? Is anyone else experiencing this? Cuz it wasn't like this when I first got it.
  2. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    well if it's Safari and Youtube you're having problems with it's probably just your internet..
  3. TonyThriller

TonyThriller New Member

Its probably your wifi like he said ^^^
    lol nice avatar above lol
  4. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

Well it's not that. I mean actions like scrolling down. Actions that aren't internet dependant. Like I tap on a button and it won't even register that I've tapped it for 10 seconds sometimes, and then would start loading it. Or if I get my youtube results and try to just scroll down it will lag that. Those are not internet-related actions though. I'm simply scrolling through info that's already been downloaded and it takes a while to do the commands I tell it to.
  5. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this was happening to me - i think its because my friend dropped it

Please Register or Log in to view images

i just restored it and it was fine after.
  6. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

UGH restoring is a biatch. Putting on all that stuff again I can't bear to do it! nooo! Plus alot of the movies I converted for it I erased so I don't want to reconvert and for some stupid reason it won't let me copy stuff off my iPod onto my HDD WTF?