Whats happening here now?

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by oli_170, Mar 15, 2008.

1. oli_170

oli_170 New Member

Its all disappeared, there used to be a flood of different levels and things going on for iphysics. It's just stopped dead. A real shame. I only see one big app coming. The one that Rawd made. But it seems everyone else has stopped.

I am sure people agree with me that it would be nice to see the next feature of certain things. Like the vehicular pack. I would love to see a second version.

But no one is doing anything now. Before i get any snide remarks telling me to make one. I can't cause i have a mac. Last time i checked its only a pc application.

I love iphysics but its just getting so dull cause nothing new is coming out. Anyone feeling this?
  2. H3X

H3X New Member

I might make a second vehiclular pack soon. You can make levels with it by using xml.

You could also run that in parallels.

But yeah I completely agree. Maybe if r4m0n comes back and adds new stuff.
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Please make a new one asap haha.
    And yeah where has he been lately?
    And we need a updated LE, as SeBsZ is caught up with school.
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I have been hoping for a new LE for a looong time. It is very tough to do everything manually, and after staring at your screen for 40+ hours, it can get boring, and frustrating.
  5. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

you guys are sooo great taking up your own time providing us with these levelpacks!
  6. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

check out my portal level if you are interested, i am making a Version 2 which will be out friday/saturday.
  7. oli_170

oli_170 New Member

Yeh it's a shame to see the game turn like this. It was so cool. I just dont know how to do xml or what you said. I can't design and stuff. It's just a shame. I loved all the level packs. All had their own challenges. Shame to see this game just fade
  8. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if their was a levelpack creator for mac, id be making one every week!

they just wouldnt be as good if i made them with xml
  9. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

The only requirement to making a levelpack is:-
    1) A graphics package.
    2) A text editor.
    I believe that both are available for a Mac.

Plus all the previous levelpacks are effectively open-source, as you can see from the XML _exactly_ how they were made, and easy reuse the code to make your own games. And the XML format is fully documented, so you don't know how lucky you are. And XML isn't a programming language but just a fancy way of writing a shopping list. Just Google it and you'll be amazed.

As for new levelpacks, I don't speak for anyone, but I can tell you that what Apple has managed to do is put the world on hold until June thanks to the SDK and the whiff of money. That means that r4m0n might want to concentrate on making a great SDK release of his app, rather than spend time supporting the current Toolchain one. Which is a down-side to you guys wanting to see immediate progress. But the upside is that he may decide to _sell_ Iphysics on the SDK, in which case if you make a really cool levelpack right now and then maybe you can discuss some sort of deal with him for including it with the SDK release. See, the $$ signs are now in your eyes just like all the developers. Nice one Apple.

No one needs to hang around and wait for r4m0n to add new features. I wrote Moo'N'Patrol based on the standard feature set, and although it seemed that the gameplay wasn't to everyone's taste

Please Register or Log in to view images

it certainly was novel and looked reasonable. Anyone could have done that.

Un-called for, semi-rant over.
    Sorry. Bad week.
  10. H3X

H3X New Member

Moo, I 100% agree with that.