What's Happened to Customize? (Icon Organizer)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by roksob, Dec 26, 2007.

1. roksob

roksob New Member

I need to re-arrange my icons and have found a lot of references to software called Customize. The advice has usually been: "Go to Installer, select Customize and install it". Only problem is, it's not on the Installer list. (And yes, I have updated the list)

Where can I find the latest version of Customize and how do I put it on the Installer list? Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

Ad say go onto all packages go down to C and chek if its there onli thnk i cn suggest have u jailbroken ur touch on 1.1.2?
  3. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I believe you need the correct source for Customize to appear. Also, and I know this is quite old news, but you need to install 'Community Sources' right after you jailbreak as well. I'm not sure if you'd have to do this manually now, or if it is a default but it is required. You could also use the "Search" and do a search for 'Customize' and see what comes up.

Once you've got Customize:
    1. Open it up
    2. Go to: Icon Display Order -> Manual Reorder
    3. Change the order of your apps by dragging and dropping the "Three-lined" button on the far right of each app's name

Also, if the app crashes all the time when you see the "Chicken" screen, just tap rapidly all around the screen. I know it's a weird solution, but it works. If it crashes again, just repeat.

Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

EmanjL.
  4. roksob

roksob New Member

Nayfe ''' Customize not among the C packages. Yes, I did the jailbreak from 1.1.2. Everything works as it should.
  5. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    install it manually download it from the internet or get someone to upload it

ssh it into the applications folder set permissions and away you go

if you wait 1 hour after i have had my dinner i will upload it for you
  6. roksob

roksob New Member

Emanjl ... Community Sources is on the source list. It is now a default. When you speak of using the "Search", do you mean a Google search, or is there a search function specific to the install app? I have already done a lot of Google searches most of which suggest Customize should come with Jailbreak.
  7. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  8. roksob

roksob New Member

Ranger: That source ... iPod Touch Fans ... was already on my source list. Their listing at http://www.ifans.com/forums/...ighlight=blaze does show "Customize" as one of their apps. I deleted the copy on my ipod and re-installed it and refreshed. It still does not show up on the Installer list of packages.

I also installed the sources Conceited Software Beta: conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/beta and Ste Packaging: psmxy.org/iphone-apps, both of which list "Customize". No go ... still nothing on installer. It is like everyone has pulled this app. Any other thoughts?
  9. roksob

roksob New Member

Finally found the problem. When entering any source URL that contained the words ipod or iphone, the system was auto-completing the entry as iPod and iPhone. The capitalization killed the address. My fault for not paying more attention. Thanks for the help.