Whats Good About 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HaGGardSmurf, Dec 25, 2007.

1. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Just a couple quick questions about upgrading the firmware... Reason why I haven't done it yet is because I believe you need to "un-jailbreak" your ipod? This would require me to backup like 8 app's and my themes etc...

Should I upgrade my firmware? To update do I need to "un-jailbreak" my ipod? What is so good about 1.1.2? Will there be any issues with applications running on 1.1.1 if they were made on 1.1.2 (or visa versa)?
  2. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This has been asked so many times.... there is a little magic word at the top of the page called Searched. Try it out
  3. wan3212

wan3212 New Member

y is everyone always so mad when people post something that has a simple answer? some people have lives and dont have hours to search for things when posting a new topic is easier
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because people get very frustrated answering the same questions over and over dozens of times a day. Just like you're a "busy person" who doesn't have "hours to search for things", we don't have hours to answer the same question again and again. If you don't respect that, go somewhere else. Easy as that.

Now to answer the original question, 1.1.2 adds the functionality to create calendar events from the iPod Touch, adds a live battery level in iTunes, fixes the TIFF exploit, speeds up Safari, and increases performance/stability in general. Nothing earth shattering, but the speed up in Safari is nice... In terms of applications, yeah, you'd have to reinstall them, your settings should remain... It doesn't take much time - maybe a half hour or so...
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Thank you for answering the damn question.

Also, it bumps up the speed. On 1.1.1, the processor speed was 400MHz, on 1.1.2, it's 412 MHz.
  6. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Huh - learn something new every day - as Johnny Carson would say, "I did not know that..."
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Yep, that is why 1.1.2 is better. For all of you noobs, it means it goes faster, is more stable, and doesn't crash as much - which means less troubleshooting for all of you!
  8. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    8 apps and some themes? Easy back up, would take 5 minutes. But the reason I havent upgraded is because i have over 125 apps and I have themes that I've made that the most up-to-date version exists only on my iPod. I also did other mods (IE Skin safari, modified preferences... etc) that would take a while put back granted they are compatible with 1.1.2 and granted I remember everything that I've done. Not trying to show off but my point is that backing an iPod that's been modified like this is difficult and it is not compelling enough to do an upgrade just for some bug fixes and 12mhz. My calender already does the Add Event function anyways.

I would say for you, just ssh in and back up your apps and themes, upgrade, then put them back. I dont know what else youve done but judging from the info you provided, it should take about 10 minutes start to finish to complete that operation. Its an easy upgrade for you, but for others, it will take a little more than 10 minutes.

Hope that helped?
  9. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Since when searching takes hours?
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Depends on who you ask. There are a few newbies here who have complained that they just "don't have time" to search so they ask the common questions anyway.