whats gona happen

Discussion in 'Jiggy Runtime Development' started by technoman, Jun 23, 2008.

1. technoman

technoman New Member

Is this all for jiggy ....
    just 2 weeks or watever time left for 2.0 firmware to come .....
    does this mean no more apps from jiggy would come....
    will jiggy be possible on 2.0
    come on guys pour in some views.....
  2. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Here is what i think.

Since almost everybody in this forum has an iPodtouch and not an iPhone, they will have to pay for the firmware 2.0, and i dont think everyone wants to pay 10$ for a firmware.
    My guess is that since many people will keep 1.1.x installed on their iPodtouch, Jiggy will stay!

Thats what i think, but ill be glad to hear what people think.

As for me, i will probably buy firmware 2.0 when it comes out, as well as a 20$ itunes card to buy apps!

Hopefully it will be jailbreakable and jiggy will rise again!!!!
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Jiggy apps are already dying down. The apps that will be in the AppStore are so much better than Jiggy "widgets" (as Tes likes to call them, and I agree), they really can't even be compared.
  4. technoman

technoman New Member

absolutly blackjak231 .....even i have views of that sort
    nd id advise people to not to shift over to 2.0 until a jailbreak for it comes out ...
    thats wat im gona do....
  5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    well im gunna be making jiggy apps for the 1.1.4 until i upgrade to a 2.0 iphone. So i think we might be able to have about 1 team left of people who will make jiggy apps.
  6. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hopefully we see jiggy make the jump to 2.0 if and when it's jailbroken. i don't really use jiggy apps, but i think it's been a great tool for people to start learning a bit of coding, even if it's just javascript. obviously it's not as powerful as what you could do with the full apis, but we've seen a lot of beginners have a go with it, which is great. and it in itself is quite awesome when you think about it. props to the creators.
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Jiggy was crap to begin with. You have an iPod Touch / iPhone. You can run better Apps! Jiggy is Java, which is used in those old crap Cell Phones to play those POS Games.

C Apps FTW.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Tes, yeah jiggy apps are crap but they are good for beginners, which is what its about, getting started and moving on to better things like C.
  9. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

all platforms

Well I have a 1.1.4 ipod touch , my wife has the pre-2.0 iphone ( 1.1.4) and she's not going to upgrade , and i'm going to buy the new iphone when it comes out. So thats three platforms to make whatever I want for them.

I also have about three books that i'm reading write now. One of the books tells you step-by-step on how to write native objective-c applications for the iphone. It even tells you how to use and build the toolchain.

And there's a book coming out in november by the same author for the 2.0 native iphone applications.

As i'm reading , I notice that some of the things written in javascript are the same written in Objective-C , its just worded different. A transition is a transition , a uiview is a uiview , a main window is a main window. You get what i'm saying.

So by me messing around with jiggy , and reading the other books , I am learning man. I'm slowly putting all the pieces together.

With all the info here on this forum , out on the www. , and the book store , we can build whateva we want. Peace !

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    well said, and good luck with your studies =]