Whats FW 2.0 without minimal cost?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by iFanaddic, May 31, 2008.

1. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

Apple said there would be minimal cost involve with the new firmware 2.0, I dont remember how much it is but what happens if you don't get it? What do you get? do I still update to FW 2.0 but without any cool feature?

Also, should I jump on firmware 2.0 as soon as it comes out or should I wait a week or two...? For example the wiggly icons and other cool stuff from FW1.1.3 were available on the installer a week after I bought them, I just dont want to make the same stupid mistake...

EDIT:
    I know this answer was asked many times but I always get a different answer... Will we be able to keep the installer and 3rd party apps already on our ipot?
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I won't try to tell you what to do, I'm just offering my opinion. Apple considers a "nominal fee" to be around 200 dollars, so a "minimal" cost could be as much as $50. I'm going to wait a while to see what all happens jailbreak-wise with 2.0 before I update.
  3. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I would say about $20, but know that is just a guess. Thats what they charged for the January stuff and 2.0 is much more important than the App Pack.

I wouldnt wait if I was you, because it will take much longer to get the features of 2.0 because there are totally new frameworks and stuff, apple totally reworked it. So upgrade then jailbreak, (Zibri of ZiPhone says he can JB the current model of 2.0)

I doubt they would keep you on 1.1.4 if you refused to pay them the "minamal cost" for 2.0, thell give you 2.0 (without software upgrade). So I assume youll still get enterprise support and the new calculator, but just remember, all of this is pure speculation. There are very few facts about 2.0.

Hope that Helped.
  4. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a feeling that if you don't pay, your iPod will remain as it is today. No free rides.
  5. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It would be pretty damn pathetic if they did charge $50 for an update. Come on... get real, they are not gonna charge that much money for an UPDATE. That's like buying a whole new device. The highest I'll say is 20 but it could be 25
  6. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i might just pay it... unless its like £25+ then ill wait for the dev team to kick in

dont worry.... people are on the case of cracking it and making it free

Please Register or Log in to view images