whats best to do???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mickydibble, Sep 21, 2009.

1. mickydibble

mickydibble New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    should i stay on 2.2.1 firmware and jai*reak or upgrade to 3.0 then do it....what are the advantages or not,and does the redsnow version work on windows ....thnx m
  2. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yes redsn0w works on windows. it really doesn't matter redsn0w works fine on both it just depends if you want your ipod to do the things that come with 3.0 like bluetooth, search, copy and paste...etc...
  3. tamachanusko

tamachanusko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You should Upgrade to 3.0 and Jail break.

Not sure which part of advantages are you asking but the 3.0 is Much Better... It has Voice Memo and Search Function. Starting Apps are somewhat faster than 2.2.1. ( Self Experience )

Disadvantage.
    I Had a Ipod touch 2.2.1 Jail broke, I Couldn't use RedSn0w because for some reason it keeps crashing at the last process and i had to Force Restart my Ipod and do all over again...

I upgraded to 3.0 No Jail break and tried again.

It worked on first try

Please Register or Log in to view images

* It works with Windows, Im on Windows Vista *

So just to be Safe, Upgrade to 3.0 Non JB, and Jail break from there.
  4. mickydibble

mickydibble New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi thnx for the replies very helpfull and appreciated if there was a thnx button I would push it...

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Another question when I try to update to 3.0 it doesn't do it it says when nearly finished that it cannot be restored blah blah and goes back to dfu mode and I have to go back to 2.2.1 help pls thnx mickey

tried 3 different downloads of 3.0 still doesnt get passed the verify bit to update help its annoying,is it checking apple server or something any ideas guys