whats a way to improve my knowledge about songs?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by geeza23, Mar 28, 2010.

1. geeza23

geeza23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    like i gota admit i never used to listen to much music before like 2005 ish,just the occassional hit song here and there but ever since i got portable mp3's starting from my old nokia phones,i've been listening to music non stop thing is (my music knowledge isn't that wide compared to most) whenever ppl talk about you-have-to-know-this kinda music i'm always a bit left out,is there anyway to improve on that?
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Look up some of your favourite artists discographies and just listen.

That's what I did. Plus, I have a friend that's really into hip hop and he gave me a ton of albums from the 90's. Classics.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what you mean..
    You can listen to the radio, check sites that talk about the new/hot music, watch music channels on TV stuff like that. Or you can go on sites like Last.fm, put in artists that you like and you can then find similar artists.
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Music have to grow on you and you have to grow on music. Music expresses your personality and emotion. To find new artist and new music that you can relate to is to use Pandora app. Type in one of your favorite songs in and it will play the song that are similar to it. That's how I got my RnB pop rap and hip hop modern done.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Discographies, LPs, Pandora, Lala.com, Last.fm, Vevo.com, YouTube, Billboard.com, Wikipedia, and Google are all excellent resources.
  6. geeza23

geeza23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well i don't exactly mean new hot ones i mean sorta more towards the old like say 90s music and early 2000 ones
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Again, listen to Discographies, check out Last.fm or any of the other sites the other users posted. Or.. you can even ask your friends.
  8. geeza23

geeza23 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    haha alright i'll check some of those stuff out its kinda weird asking them coz they'll give me that shocked look and be like "u srs?u haven't heard this song before?" but yeah thanks for the input guys
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Haha, yea sometimes I feel the same way. You can just try and remember the song/artist that they say, then check them out on youtube. I actually did this once, my friend and I exchanged iPods and then I took all his songs, so then I got a bunch of new songs

Please Register or Log in to view images