What's a good clear case that won't scratch?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Goldcoin, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Goldcoin

Goldcoin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was wondering if any of you have had any good experiences with clear cases. I like their concept because it allows for the iPod's own aesthetics to shine through without a lot of fancy designs. I'm looking for something that will provide this affect without potentially damaging my iPod or causing scratches. If someone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thx.
  2. .Pandora.

.Pandora. Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    http://switcheasy.com/products/NUDETouch/NUDETouch.php#

The SwitchEasy Nude is a clear case, it's super thin, and it claims to be "Scratch Resistant."

However, I don't know about getting your iPod out of the case, as I do not own it (I like having a bulky case on my iPod), but I don't think any hard would come with it.

You could also try clear skins or a Zagg for the back of your iPod. Won't give you drop protection, but you'll get scratch protection.
  3. Goldcoin

Goldcoin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm a bit skeptic about zagg since you use this liquid stuff. My last iPod died all thanks to Windexing the screen directly.
  4. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    for zag u spray the solution on the shield, not on the device directly. You can also apply it without the solution but it wont look so nice
  5. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've been using a "best skins ever" since christmas
    like the zagg you dip it in water before applying

I've used these on my DS's, PSP's etc for years and they're great

if they start to get dirty and peel, you just take them off, wash them off, and reapply
  6. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    auctualy tikker your wrong, you dont dip zagg in water, you spray it with the solution you give you. Another is when they get dirty and peel you dont just tkae them off and wash em, after you take em off outside of the 5minuets of applying its to late. you can get a free zagg if your zagg ever gets damaged tho
  7. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    By the pics, there seems to be no way to get it out. I like the thin silicone cases that protect the back. One iPod I jailbroke had it and i wanted to steal it, but no.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Goldcoin

Goldcoin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Say I got a Zag or Body Guardz would the air bubbles eventually go away on their own?
  9. IowaGuy

IowaGuy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes give them time...Bodyguardz can take up to a week for all the bubbles to come out.

IowaGuy
  10. Goldcoin

Goldcoin New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I went ahead and got the SwitchEasy Nude (Clear). It's a good case to protect the iTouch from scratches, but I think it's a bit overrated. The case itself is scratched significantly already and it doesn't show the iTouch in its full glory. I'll probably try something else later on; this will do for now at least.