WhateverMom needs help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by whatevermom, Apr 2, 2010.

1. whatevermom

whatevermom New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My ipod touch was misplaced last summer by a teenager and has recently emerged from the rubble. When i put it on the iHome, it charges, but if I plug it into the wall charger, or to a USB, it doesn't show charging. It WILL power on, even locate wifi, but won't connect to itunes store. When i plug it directly into my computer USB, it says not recognized. I have done a reset, and tried to restore, and then it gets stuck in the connect to itunes screen. Nothing ever comes up in itunes or on my computer. HELP!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    try a different computer, maybe even a different operating system. mac...
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You may also want to try something called DFU mode. There are three methods to get into DFU mode. They are as follows.
    You should have no problems restoring after you enter DFU mode unless there is a hardware error.
  4. whatevermom

whatevermom New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Small detail

Um, in looking, this version is still 1.1.4? I am guessing that is not good. Also, I have tried the above but will try again, on 4 computers (no mac), and several different USB cables...
  5. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Version 1.1.4 is no problem. DFU mode works for any device.
  6. whatevermom

whatevermom New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is there any way to update that? USB still says not recognized...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Tryied the DFU again, now stuck on connect to Itunes
  7. crash91

crash91 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure the USB port you are using is a High-Power USB 2.0 port, older computers may not have USB 2.0 ports, and thus they are unable to charge it. Is it possible that it was somehow physically damaged? Try taking it to an Apple store.

DFU mode does *not* display the connnect to iTunes logo, that only happens in recovery mode. If your computer says "USB Device not recognized" thats good! That means that the iPod has connected in DFU mode and you can proceed to use iTunes and attempt to restore it.

So finally:
    1)Enter DFU mode
    2)Wait for your PC to make the "Device Connected" sound or say something about a device not being recognized etc.
    3)Open iTunes, it should say something about an iPod connected to the PC, proceed with restore.