Whatever happened to GriP notifications...?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TheUnderDog, Jun 20, 2009.

1. TheUnderDog

TheUnderDog New Member

(In case you have no idea what I'm talking about >> http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180261&highlight=grip notifications)

I think this was a really great idea, but I'm disappointed that I haven't seen it incooperated into ANY applications. My understanding is that it is still in beta, but still, shouldn't there be something? Maybe I'm just a whiner, but I think that the notifications are extremely convenient and I certainly hope it isn't something that's being overlooked!

Could we maybe get a running list of current applications that use GriP besides Mail and Memory Watcher? Like I said, I've yet to see any...

Also, if you're replying to this, could you also mention whether or not you had heard of GriP notifications before reading this post? I think it would be interesting to get an idea of whether or not they are a mainstream thing amongst users.
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

GRiP should be more important now with Push Notifications in 3.0, especially since it can be coded into AppStore apps without violating any rules.

Anyway, 100% backing you there, bring on the GRiP

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree 100%. One thing I was worried about was that development seemed to have halted as soon as thew first release came out, but I found their dev site: http://code.google.com/p/networkpx/wiki/GriP

It's too bad Apple didn't implement a better notification system for 3.0, but GriP is very promising

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. antonioj

antonioj New Member

it now supports push notifications...see the GriP thread, i posted screenshots
  5. prauny

prauny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)