what would you think?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1337chaos, Dec 6, 2007.

?

would you buy it?

1. HELL yes!

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. eh... maybe

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. this is an ipod not an iphone!

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i was thinking, with all this fuss about the new ipod microphone, what would you guys think if someone made an accessory that had everything in it. if it made your ipod just a little fatter, with a chrome ring like the iphone, that you just pop your ipod in an you get everything through the dock. it would be sort of like that black plastic piece that held your ipod in the case it came in. with a dock connector and a headphone connector, with the back of the ipod fully protected, and made out of the same type of stuff as the iphone, and inside it has bluetooth in/out microphone at the bottom (with the bottom looking like the iphone) and speaker at the top? i might do a quick photoshop mockup later.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That would be amazing, but I'm afraid impossible...
  3. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    you're exactly right. thats what im saying, for example, for bluetooth out/in all you'd need is the dock connector. which already has audio out/in built into the connector, so you just tap into that, make a piece of hardware that interfaces with it, and you've got full bluetooth. the speaker and mic can run the same way. i was thinking "hmm, maybe a camera too" but thats doubtful unless you could make the hardware to all the work, and then just upload whatever it just took to your ipod photos directory.
  5. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    actually, that is an amazing idea. you should email it to apple or something, and you could make some money off of it.
  6. Craigyc

Craigyc New Member

So basically just turn it into an iphone!?

Would prob cost a ton so i dont see much point in it really! ipod touch is fine the way it is! well... only if its jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

Wrong company. Apple isn't going to want to make an accessory that will allow the Touch to compete with another product they sell. Apple doesn't manufacture much in the way of their own accessories anyhow. Go to the Apple online store and it's mostly them reselling other products. This would be more suited for a company like Belkin who already produces the iPod charger-radio-microphone-can opener-type products anyway.
  8. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

Yep. That's my point about Apple producing something that makes one product compete against another in my post above. Apple isn't going to make a third party device that will turn a Touch into an iPhone. They already make an iPhone. It would be up to a 3rd party to produce an aftermarket device but then you run into all kinds of other issues.

If Belkin makes this Swiss Army Touch device how would people use it? It would rely on a jailbroken Touch. Apple isn't going to approve a 3rd Party application that allows one product to compete with another existing product they make and everything in upcoming applications has to go through Apple for approval.