what would you do when SDK comes out?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nandihno, Jan 1, 2008.

1. nandihno

nandihno New Member

Sure we know that sometime in Feb the SDK will be coming out.
    And sure many of you like me have jailbroken their itouch and many of you have iphone apps running on their itouch...

Am sure that when they release the SDK it might require a new firmware upgrade and apple may give away some free apps written with their sdk.

The question is then.....would you switch to using apple release stuff..or stick with the open source community (ie jailbrakre)??

I just hope that by that time we can have the best of both worlds...!

as for me I prefer to keep on using iphone apps on my itouch than a simple possibly note pad app from apple !
  2. thebusdriver

thebusdriver New Member

I thought the SDK was being released to the public? Wouldnt that mean you could still develop apps and keep your 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 firmware?
  3. God__

God__ New Member

Surely you know that the delay on the release of the SDK was to let these current iterations of firmware be broken and then fixed. That way, by the time the SDK is released, there will be no way to pirate and redistribute the Applications because there will be no way to jailbreak the version of firmware that these apps will require. You don't think Apple will let the new apps be installed onto 1.1.2 or earlier firmwares, do you? You are going to need to upgrade to get the Apple Apps while losing the Jailbreak apps.

That said, I am planning on waiting to see what kind and quality applications will be available. I can only hope that they are better than the applciations that are currently out. i mean, there are only two professional quality apps out now, Installer (kinda) and MobileScrobbler. If every Application is of that high quality, then I will surely upgrade.

The one thing that would hold me back is the loss of complete customization. I have been inside and outside of every last square inch of this iPod, tweaking this and editing that. I'd hate to see the ipod lose that customization.

In other words, we'll see.
  4. bobthehacker

bobthehacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    the apps are not going to be free!! im going to wate and see wat thay relese
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

i dont think the sdk will be released to the actual public, just to companies that apple is friendly to, or those willing to pay
  6. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I dont know if I totally agree with this. I think they will release some of their own low level apps for free as an incentive to buy more from itunes. Not really sure how a company could actually make money off making apps for the touch after they buy rights to the SDK. Unless it was someone like RedChair software that sells alternative software for mp3 players. Even this though would not make much money, so re-couping a possible large payment for the SDK would be hard.
  7. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I wont be updating, I will just wait until someone figures out how to use the sdk apps on older firmwares...
    Also it's been reported that you cant downgrade from 1.1.3.(and I assume thats the way it will be on future firmwares) so if I were to upgrade there would be no going back if I wanted to...
  8. bobthehacker

bobthehacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1.1.3 will get jall broken its onley a matter off time
  9. bobthehacker

bobthehacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1.1.3 will get jall broken its only a matter off time

EDIT: sory for the 2 posts
  10. computerwiz_222

computerwiz_222 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    WHAT!???!

That is a huge understatement. I know that many programs are still beta but what about labyrinth, i solitaire, mobile rss, customize and summerboard. These are all examples of very professional apps.

There are many more like the NES, GBA and PSX emulators that are really bringing out the capabilities of the ipod touch.

You shouldn't shoot down all the work of the developers like that, these people are the reason the ipod even has these awesome apps.