What would happen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by disdude, Jan 23, 2009.

1. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    What would happen if you did have the tethered jailbreak and you did reboot it? Would it go back to restore mode? Or would it just remove all the jailbroken stuff on it?
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, it would refuse to boot up at all. As Musclenerd showed, all you get is a white screen and would have to either restore or re-connect to a PC and boot it up once more.
  3. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, I don't think it erased your jailbreak stuff. In Musclenerds vid he just plugs it into his computer and uses redsn0w and then all his stuff is still there.
  4. disdude

disdude Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Now I really want it to be untethered lol, I hope the dev teams can pull it off!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    even if you reboot your ipod, it will still be jailbroken. but it can't pass the sigcheck. that is why redsn0w was made. so that it could patch the sigcheck thingy so you could open your ipod.
    credit to : superrob

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The iPod would simply hang when trying to jump into the LLB from the bootrom, and I assume that you need to send a payload disabling signature checking each time you boot so that it passes and continues to jump through loaders and eventually boot.
  7. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i know that u would like the tethered release but musclenerd has said that the program used or something isn't exactly what we call "legal". that kinda goes against what they aim to do