What would everyone reccomend?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by danneh150, May 21, 2009.

1. danneh150

danneh150 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    After the summer I'm going to have enough money to get myself a MacBook.
    I'll have enough for the aluminium one, but what do you guys reccomend? Personally, the white one looks nicer but the specs aren't reallly up to scratch.

And should I purchase applecare? because its like £195 :/

Cheers
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Get the aluminum. Apple care, meh, I never get, but its probably nice to have. I never call them for support and have never had to take any of my macs in for service. I usually upgrade the hard drive and ram with stuff not from apple and it has its own warranty.
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i would personally like aluminum better..
  4. xgamercrazy

xgamercrazy New Member

Aluminum Unibody or White Polycarbonate

Hmmm. Just a little more for a aluminum, it is easier to clean, , any scratches can go away (scraped it against a door corner lightly and is gone), not a bland coloured (or colored) computer that has some black and not all white. It requires a little bit of more cleaning but is nice. Rarely overheats (except if you leave it on for 1 - 2 hours in sleep mode under a big comforter). It runs faster too. I say get the unibody. It is more up to date and is colder that the other one but hey, no more SCORCHING LAPS while on the toilet (some say it is sick but I do that so I won't waste my time doing nothing and pass the time). Unibody, like I said. Giving up a little more money. Forgot the Apple Care, Depends on the uses. For a college or dorm, I don't know, depends on the dorm-mates (or room-mates, I don't know). If they are careless then yes. If it is just for a home, or a home business, I think no. If your a tech like me, no. Nothing really goes wrong with them.
  5. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Aluminum, and apple care depends how much you will be using your laptop, and for what.

If your using it everyday alot then apple care would probably be good. Also after the first battery dies its cheaper with apple care then to buy another one.
  6. xgamercrazy

xgamercrazy New Member

I use my MacBook for every day uses, such as playing Steam, checking emails, going almost everywhere with it. That stuff... But I didn't get the retail because of my knowledge.
  7. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i would say aluminum with apple care, but its your choice.
  8. danneh150

danneh150 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think im gunna go for the aluminum, but wont be able to afford the apple care.
  9. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you're taking it around, you might wanna go for apple care, but if you're just using it at home on a desk, you're fine without it.
  10. quantumadv

quantumadv New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch