What would constitute to a light leak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tinyman392, Sep 18, 2010.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    OK, my question asks what constitutes to a light leak? In other words, how big does the leak have to be?

I just figured out that my iPod has a leak. But it is minuscule. No joke. In order to see it, I have to be in a dark room (little to no lighting) and it's about a a tenth (1/10) of a millimeter thick on full (100%) brightness. In any decent lighting, it cannot be seen. Would this count as a light leaking issue?
  2. ThePodofi

ThePodofi Well-Known Member

I would say yes since there is a little leak
  3. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Cool, thanks, if it gets any worse I'll go to the Apple Store, as of right now it doesn't bother me. But it might by the time a year passes by.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ThePodofi

HAHAH well if you ask me i would 1 Not turn the brightness all the way up.
    2 Not be in a dark room
    3 Dont look for it and its not there
    lol lol lol lol im just messing
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    The only thing is how the hell will apple know if your telling the truth ot not
  5. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    LOL... Good idea. And Apple can see I'm telling the truth when they go into one of their testing chambers to test iPhone signal... LOL... Hopefully it doesn't get any worse (it shouldn't, this one doesn't seem to overheat that much

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    My theorie/theory

Irregular heat changes and constant heat of 28 degrees or more in centigrade can cause light leaks. I bet it probably has something to do with the heat and something inside expanding and moves t LCD away, which is barely stuck on.
  7. ThePodofi

I heard thats the reason the bottom left corner would sink in if pushed down... something about the battery heating up causing the glue or whatever adhesive is used to become "guey" and loose.
  8. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    That's a good theory. But I think that 28 is a little bit low. I've already had the iPod out in that type of weather worst actually, around 90F (32.2C). I would be guessing I would have a more dramatic light leak than this.

But it does make sense. All the iPods that were on trucks forever (which don't get air conditioned) have light leaks (high temps in the truck). Shipping is the worst because it spends a lot of time in the truck (probably more than ones shipped to retailers). This would be an interesting poll, how many have light leaks, and if they bought them shipped or went to a store, and/or location of where they are (climate).
  9. ThePodofi

HAHAH we care so much about our devices we want our trucks at standard temp of 70 degrees!!!!!!
  10. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I think the temp is about a little warmer than body temperature (apple does want us to hold the devices, don't they) About maybe over 36 would be melting. Personally I like warmer temperatures, because where I live, I see people in pain because of frostbite at about winter times, and it looks disgusting, I would rather not be in pain.