what would be wrong with this phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stemoy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My bro in-law took a dip in the pool with his iPhone in his pocket on his honeymoon lol so he stuck it in a bag of rice, which I heard draws out the water. Well he's gonna get a friend's iPhone when the iPhone 4 comes out so he hasn't messed with it, just put it into a bowl of rice. He said I could have it but I already have a dead iPhone off someone else with a dead logic board. If his isn't working, being wet and all, what would be the likely culprit? I guess there's a chance it still works but I would like to have an idea in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

I would bet that the phone will never work again, even if placed in a bag of rice. Especially because it was submerged in a pool, where I would assume the phone was drowning for over 30 seconds, there is no chance it would live.

Then again, the 0.001% likelihood where it does live, and if there are any culprits, there may be some damage done to the digitizer and to the buttons.
  3. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    no, it was basically just...what's the word..well it just got wet and he got it out like immediately cuz he freaked out. Well, then do you think the logic board would be ok? since that's what I need one for my phone and all.
    And just getting wet doesn't mean it's dead, I've washed old phones before and they were fine.
    And WOW, do you have enough iDevices? lol
  4. Kishiyama Daikogi

Kishiyama Daikogi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It would probably help if it was off/dead.