Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by luke99, Jun 10, 2008.
Would it be smarter to buy the iPod touch now or wait and buy it with 2.0 already on it?
Do you want to pay $9.95 for the upgrade?
Or do you want to not have an iPod Touch for a month?
There is a VERY SLIM chance of a price drop in iPod Touches
There are some things to ask yourself first
i wanna get it now but i would be pissed if their was a price drop
Can we assume that 2.0 will contain all the functionality that Apple released with its so-called January Software update or do we need to get that seperately?
I would imagine that will still be seperate otherwise we will have to listen to everyone cry again.
So then what "version number" is the January software release? Does it matter if I bought an ipod today, for example, then bought the January software upgrade, then would 2.0 load on top of that?
Does it matter if I install one before the other?
buy it now, the update is only ten dollars so it doesn't make a difference
But what about the January software update? How does that relate to 2.0? Are they independent?
actually they r independant but u get them both when u upgrade to 2.0. I recommend that u wait for the 2.0 to be released cause i dont think u want to go through the hassle of downloading about 180 mb firmware AND pay $10 extra (isnt much but still) ....i recommend wait.
Oh, does that mean that 2.0 includes or is a "superset" of the January software update?
Separate names with a comma.