What will Jailbreaked users do after 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cairopete, Jun 19, 2008.

1. cairopete

cairopete New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi guys

I'm new, so forgive me. What do you all plan on doing after sdk and 2.0 comes out? Will you upgrade to 2.0 and lose all your 1.1.4 apps and start all over? or will you not upgrade in order to keep everything that you've got? I just got a new ipod so I'm still debating on whether to jailbreak now or wait till 2.0?
  2. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ._. i don't get why people think you can't jailbreak 2.0 (not talkin' just about you, mostly everyone)

i'll upgrade to 2.0, buy a bunch of sdk apps, and jailbreak and get a bunch of installer apps that won't be allowed on the appstore, like emulators n' smbprefs/customize etc

sure all the "jailbreak apps" need to be rewritten for 2.0 but i'm fine with waiting a couple months or 6
  3. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

SDK was out since 3 months ago
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

I have to agree. Those are exactly my plans (maybe SDK apps will be free also, freeloading side of me talking [*o*])

Everyone seems to be freaking out since the current betas of 2.0 haven't been jailbroken, only that one from awhile back. I'm not seeing why. Once the official is out in a couple weeks, then they'll be a more intense focus, but right now it's not as "dire". It's only a matter of time

Please Register or Log in to view images

@tian: He meant available to the public, so release.
  5. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

either way i think ill stay with my jailbroken 1.1.4
  6. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

ima buy the the new iPhone if its cheap on PAYG here in the UK, and buy some cool appstore apps.
  7. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    i r keep iPod Touch jailbroken and iPhone on 2.0.

Best of Both Worlds.

<3Hannah<3
  8. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am going to wait. If they have the apps I would like to have, i'll upgrade. Otherwise, I'll stay with 1.1.4. I would love to have an office suite, a game like Raging Thunder and Skype. I don't think we are going to get Skype, but I hope so.

There are a lot oftalented people. I am sure they are going to hack the 2.0 firmware and we'll able to use apps store and installer.
  9. Ruud91

Ruud91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I will try to dualboot between both

10. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    VoIP apps are forbidden by Apple. Using OpenGL ES there will be better racing games then Raging Thunder (I mean the graphics) and an updated version of it.
    So Skype-like thing maybe using the unofficial frameworks/headers...
    There are already announced FREE apps that will be released with the day the AppStore goes live. And yeah I agree, people should wait until the official 2.0 release.