What Will Apple Do In Response to the Zune 2?

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by Complexis, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Microsoft Zune 2 is coming out! With a touchpad! It's so going to crush all of Apple's new line of iPods..... right.... Just to add insult to injury, if Apple were to do something on Zune's release date to weaken their sales and further boost already topping-the-chart-70%-market-share-best-media-player-all-around devices, what would it be?
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Nothing, apple does not need to release anything, the zune is no threat in my opinion. Yeah, their market share might raise a couple percent, but that is not enough for apple to start worrying. Microsoft would have to come up with something revolutionary to give apple competition, it seems like the zune is just a side project right now.
  3. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I agree, apple has intoduced a couple of revolutionary products like the ipod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

, the iphone etc., and i dont think microsoft will ever be as good as apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

the new zune does not look pleasant, all that brushing and the dark annoying interface would give me a headache, microsoft failed miserably :-/

Apple doesn't have to "respond" zune poses no competition.
  5. Complexis

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The touchpad looks like a giant mole or something on an otherwise decent looking unit. lol.
  6. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    There is a "touch pad"? It's not built into the screen? Zune 2 is not worth it... I highly doubt it would be even as good as the iPod Classic. I doubt the Zune will be internet ready anytime soon. (or if it is then its still not as good as the ipod lineup)
  7. Complexis

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Basically, it is one large touch button, that responds in certain ways if you press that one big round, flat button on the sides, top and bottom, etc. It really doesn't look that great. It is also not flat, but it is literally, a button, so it is bumped out of the unit. Yes, it does make the unit look kinda ugly. At least its thinner.
  8. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Apple will laugh, especially at it's "wireless sync" ability.

Did you read that for it to "wireless sycn" it needs to be plugged into it's base station? The base station that can is usually powered by USB? What's the point?!
  9. Mattyoak

Mattyoak New Member

Couldn't agree more XD I doubt this will be any sort of threat to apple.
  10. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    LMFAO!

The zune will accually raise apple's sales because people will see how crappy it is, and buy an iPod. lol