What we've overlooked in Apple's iOS Activation Code

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmc08, Aug 21, 2010.

1. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Taken from my blog
    --------------

Please Register or Log in to view images

This small block of code means a lot, and I mean, a lot. As we can see here, there are 2 NEW model iPhones, and one other product labeled "iProd" (most presumably the iPad 2G). Although, why is "iPhone3,1" missing? That's the most likely the 16GB AT&T. But why are there 2 more? One is probably the 32GB model, but what's the other one? Maybe it's just a 64GB model being released? Who knows. What leads me to believe that it's NOT a 64GB iPhone and that it's CDMA, is that this code, according to BGR, "has appeared every year consecutively before a MAJOR iPhone / device release". A 64GB iPhone isn't exactly a major release.

Another small detail in the code that I noticed, is that "iPhone3,3" has more code added to it than "iPhone3,2". As a matter of fact, it looks as if it's completely different that the code from the model iPhone before it. Maybe it is linking to CDMA activation instead of GSM activation? It doesn't make sense to activate an iPhone on the same carrier using 2 different methods.

I had an amazing thought, on how this linked together PERFECTLY with another iPhone rumor, but I can't quite remember it! When I'm excited about something I'm thinking of, it usually quickly runs out of my mind unless I write it down. Sorry about that, if it comes back I'll quickly write it up.
  2. NoJoDeL

NoJoDeL New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I'm pretty sure that this has already been found and discussed.
  3. daitem11

daitem11 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    when is the apple event so all these spam threads will stop... -_-