What we want on the Cydia Store!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by studangerous, Mar 9, 2009.

1. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Me, I want a sleek well programmed twitter client, messenger app and a radio player that hook to run low-key in the background similar to the stock Apple apps.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't use twitter, so that'd be pointless for me, but I'd really love a backgrounded messenger app.

You can background beejive (and I do

Please Register or Log in to view images

), but it just quits a lot of the time.
  3. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'd like a good, fast web browser! Something like OPERA MINI!!
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why in the world would you want Opera Mini? You DO know that content that comes into Opera Mini is filtered through another server, where it moves stuff around to make it load a bit faster on Mobile Phones right? Why would you want that?

Opera Mini was designed for them small mobile phones. The iPod Touch/iPhone, they're smart devices. They're way better than what we used to have.
  5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ofcourse, we. want. Stack 2.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yep, that's the problem... I want things that run in the background all the time. And I want someone to make an intelligent algorithmic swap tool that uses the SSDs when there's a memory overflow and monitors the swap process so there is minimal risk of bad sectoring. And I want and I want and I want... make these quickly so I can spend what little money I have left!

They can want can't they? Let us dream a little Tesla, however absurd... Maybe they like the car's lines and couldn't care less what's under the hood.
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If they wanted an alternative browser to Webkit, at least dream big. Go Firefox or Camino, since its more OS X friendly.
  8. M_A_G_G_I

M_A_G_G_I Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Firefox and Flash
  9. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So now we have to dream according to a minimum standardised size set down by Tes.

By Order Of The Management:

• All dreams of browser apps must be as big or bigger than Firefox or Camino going forward.
    • Little dreams [strike-out-thing]of browser widgets or other add-ons[/turn-off-strike-out-thing], not including dreaming of Widgets no matter how small as they have nothing to do with this and it is nonsense to think they do, are now banned by order of Chairman Tes.
    • Failure to dream big will be punishable by Tes replying to your post in a unconstructive depressing manner.
    • If you are really unlucky you may even be insulted or a request may be logged that you are punished by combustion in a motor vehicle

I would sincerely hope that we wouldn't be paying for either Firefox or Flash on the Cydia Store... Free surely?
  10. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What does Widgets have to do with this? I have no problem with widgets

The thing about "Wanting Opera Mini" is, why would you want to go backwards and get a crippled browser that was designed for really low powered devices back in 1999? When you could have a browser that is almost like the desktop experience. A la Safari/Webkit, Fennec, or Opera Mobile.