What version of iBoot is in iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steincj, Jun 25, 2010.

1. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can anynoe tell me what version of iBoot is in iPhone 4? Is it the same as the new 3GS and iPod Touch 3G (359.3.2)? Or is it a new upgrade?
  2. d00m42

d00m42 Member

Running f0recast said the bootloader version was IC. It's probably some kind of error, as I don't think f0recast is meant to work with iPhone 4s yet. It identifies the device as iPhone 3,1.
  3. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    of course f0rcast isnt going to work, it hasnt even been updated to show the new unlockable basebands

Please Register or Log in to view images

Go into dfu mode, then open device manager, then right click on apple deivice (iphone), then look at the info, should be near the end, itill tell you what iboot
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Put your iPhone into DFU mode (how to/tutorial for this step at iClarified).

Then go to Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager on your Windows machine.

Look for 'Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller', you will find 'Apple Mobile Device USB Driver' as a subitem there.

Right Click and choose 'Properties', navigate to 'Details' tab and select Device Instance Path from the dropdown list box. At the end of this information string you will find the bootrom version, e.g. [iBoot-359.x].
  4. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The Device Manager didn't work for my 3GS. I had to use USB view.

Can any iPhone 4 user answer this for us? If there is a new iBoot, a JB for iPhone 4 will be a long way off . . .
  5. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Not necessarily.