What type of guitar do you play?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by NinetyFour, Sep 12, 2009.

1. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Basically say which guitar you own....

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty

Gold Hardware
    3 Humbuckers
  2. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

I have two guitars and a bass.
    One of the guitars is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. The other guitar is a telecaster that I built in my garage that has two single-sized humbuckers that are wired to coil-splits on push-pull pots, and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Oh, and my bass is a Squier VM Jazz. I don't care what the name on the headstock says, it's a fantastic bass and I have no qualms using it for gigs.
  3. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow you built a tele? Thats amazing.......
  4. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

I did indeed. The body is basswood, and the neck is your average rosewood/maple. I tried to cut the headstock into the tele shape, but if you look closely, you can see my terrible hack job.

The body finish is actually automotive lacquer. Painting/finishing the body took about a month. I used primer, SUV red, and a can of clearcoat. The body could have used another can of clear, but I was lazy, impatient, and cheap. I let the body cure for two weeks. The finish isn't glossy by any means, and it's rather orange peely, but it's still kinda cool. It's the guitar I use live whenever I play with anyone, and unlike my Epiphone, I don't have any problem beating the hell out of it. It's got dings all over the back from my belt buckle and endless drops and slams. Once, I jokingly tried to slide across a stage on it. Fun times.

Oh, I'll edit this post with a picture of my 3.

EDIT:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh, and you can see my half stack in the background. I chose to use a combo as a head because it has speaker outputs in the back, so I can just unplug it from the 4x12 cabinet when I want to take it to a practice. Also, that half stack is only 5 watts. You can see a 75 watt Line 6 in the bottom right, though that amp is a piece of trash.
  5. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That Line 6..... Is that the Spider II because that's the one I own.
  6. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Yeah. I mean, they're alright for learning, because they have so many settings and all. It's just that after you start hearing more expensive amps, the Spider II begins to sound more and more digital (since it's essentially just a mini computer). That's why I have a 5 watt amp. It was the cheapest available tube amp when I bought it. It's just got an input and a volume knob, and it's glorious.
  7. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I want one of those Line 6 Floor pods..... sexy
  8. markomite

markomite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I too, built my own guitar, but it's a Les Paul, not a tele. Mahogany body, with a thin layer of maple on top, Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge, and Dimarzio Breed Neck. Peavey classic 30 amp, and an ME-70 multi effects pedal for everything. I LOVE my setup.
  9. TDG

TDG Active Member

10. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm jealous of everyone