What to do if your iPad turns iPod

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jipad, Aug 8, 2010.

1. jipad

jipad New Member

Hi, I hope this might help anyone who finds after restarting the iPad it thinks its an iPod. It happened to me yesterday after installing TV Mirror out 2 I think. You get a small dock with 4 icons stuck bottom left, some of your icons go blank, rotating doesn't work and everything you launch looks different. First thing you'l notice is when you launch cydia the bottom half of the screen doesn't notice you've touched it. Its the same with the on screen keyboard and some other parts. I looked on here and googled for a fix but didnt find one, I really didnt want to restore, so here's how I fixed it.

Launch Cydia and hold somewhere blank at the top of the screen, now when you press manage, it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

Find and choose the last app you installed with cydia,
    press modify, now again press somewhere higher up the screen and press remove at the same time, away it goes.

When its uninstalled, turn your iPad off and on, and it should be returned to normal

If it is still the same go into cydia and remove anything else you installed recently. You can always put them back on one at a time and see what caused it.

I hope this helps anyone else who finds there iPad in this condition. Maybe we could start a list of what not to install. My iPads on 3.2.1 and I love it, alot

Jas
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Screenshot please. Next time it happens.
  3. jipad

jipad New Member

I didnt think to get a screen shot of it, I found other posts about it happening. If it happens again I'l get one.