What to do after iliberty+ 1.3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by knuckledragger, May 6, 2008.

1. knuckledragger

knuckledragger New Member

After snapping up an iphone from CPW before the stocks went, I hooked up to itunes and got it to 1.1.4.
    Next was the full works via iliberty+ 1.3 from George Zhu's website.
    Big thanks to everyone who posted on Youtube showing how easy the process is and what I should be seeing on my screen. Also, who'd have thought that a paperclip could be THAT useful?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I might just start selling custom made iphone sim card holder removal devices on ebay...
    And back to topic:
    When I hit Cydia then Install I have the option to install bucketloads of stuff.
    Likewise Changes is showing that I have 40 upgrades available.
    Being a noob, what should I be installing/upgrading and why?
    (gpSPhone,psx4iphone,snes4iphone seem to be recommended on various forums...)

Be gentle with me...
  2. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would recommend ONLY installing "installer.app" from within iLiberty and then install all other unnecessary applications through installer once on your iPod...

and dont forget to not make the fatal error i made when jailbreaking!!::::

ONLY copy your music/ videos to your touch AFTER you have finished jailbreaking and perfecting!

Good Luck...
  3. knuckledragger

knuckledragger New Member

Thanks for the advice. I'd already decided to do all jailbreaking, etc before putting anything on my iphone such as music, films, pics.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Please be sure to use one of the Good Guides when you do it so you won't be back with a bunch of issues shortly after you jailbreak! Good Luck!