What to do about 3.0 bugs

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by gojohnnyboi, May 9, 2009.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

The point of the betas is to develop new applications for it before it's release, and also update old applications that are incompatible, and to add features to them.

If in fact you come across a bug, you should report it to Apple via the bug reporter in the dev center, NOT post them here. I know I and many others on the forums have better things to read about than your complaining about the firmware being below your standards when you're illegally using it, and for reasons that it was not intended for(yet).
  2. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Someone's in a bad mood....
  3. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

so why are you telling us this? you can tell te people who are having problems in their threads.
  4. Jincos

Jincos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you forgetting the fact that a lot of us that are actually developers are also posting these to inform others and to get second opinions to insure that they are in face actual bugs? Sure, let's all go report stuff without for sure knowing it's an actual bug and get laughed at, *claps*. If you have a problem with others asking for help or posting bugs, ignore it. You can't expect the world to revolve around your expectations.

//Edit: Also would like to add; I love your assumption that anyone who posts such things are using the firmware illegally. Not many people here are going to take too kindly to your thread by the way, seeing as you made it out to seem like you're better than everyone else with the "I know I and many others on the forums have better things to read about than your complaining about the firmware", because quite frankly I don't mine helping others fix their problems if I can, Developer or not.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Why don't you go to the iPhone Dev Portal Forum where people actually have a clue? There aren't but a handful of people who actualy have accounts and this isn't the place to address the issues.
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I actually agree with gojohnnyboi here. Lots of people are using 3.0 Betas and they really shouldn't be. Lots of people are using it to feel all "Cool" and "Bleeding edge" and stuff. Of which, they contribute nothing to either community (Apple & JB.). Aside from maybe asking for annoying crap over and over about how they screwed up their device or why something doesn't work. That's creating more of a drain than actually contributing. Betas are for developers. To bug test their Apps and get them ready for the Final release. Not for random people to get their jollies off of.
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Except for Jincos
  8. Jincos

Jincos New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I realize where you are coming from, but even though they use it illegally, they do need help. Not trying to be rude or anything, but do you have the heart to watch others suffer when you can provide a simple solution or even attempt to give help to them? I don't think anyone with enough sympathy would just laugh at them ruining their device, when they didn't just pick up it for free.
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why should those people be helped? They put themselves into that situation. Now if they were actually developers on the platform like GJB, SkylarEC, Stephen.4 Spoony, and maybe you, THEN I'd see helping the named people. As for just the average Joe who got their hands on the firmware to feel cool, NAHHHH. If they can find the firmware on the Internet, they can find help on how to fix it after they borked it themselves.
  10. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Exactly.
    They put themselves there, and I'm sure every problem possible with the 3.0 beta firmwares has been addressed at least five times on this forum. All they need to do is read.