What to buy

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by drzoidberg, Nov 29, 2009.

1. drzoidberg

drzoidberg New Member

Type (In ear/Ear bud/Circumaural/Supra-aural): In ear, preferably with a remote that can pause/play
    Budget: 50 $
    Musical preference (What do you listen to?): Everything, ranging from bob dylan to the residents. I listen to more bassy things such as primus or rush mostly though
    Headphones preference (Quite bassy, detailed, warm, bright, forward mids etc...): All around good, with a slight emphasis on bassy. would like noice canceling as I often listen to my ipod on the commuter rail which is very very loud.
    Any other details: I recently broke the headphones that came with my 3g which well where terrible quality, had a remote and now im so used to using the remote I find I have a hard time using my ipod without one.
  2. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    skullcandy.. they bombin\'
  3. chevro1et

chevro1et New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Klpisch Image S4i are a good mid-range iem with the remote/ mic. The Apple-branded iem w. remote/ mic are supposed to be decent too.
  4. drzoidberg

drzoidberg New Member

Thanks for the recomendations but the Klpsch Image S4i seem to run 100 bucks
    http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/image-s4i-overview/ which is kinda out of my price range. All the skull candy products seem to be rather expensive and for asthetics rather then a good listen, are they actually worth it?
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

Bass isn't their strongpoint.