What the... Tags problem...

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Kingfield, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Kingfield

Kingfield Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Everytime I import music the tags and everything (incl. albumart) show up fine.

BTW: I USE MP3TAG, remove ALL tags, and then write in ID3 v.2.4 (Yes I am a very specific person

Please Register or Log in to view images

) anyways, now I've realized something strange suddenly happened, one time all my album art was lost,

(The album art in cover flow still stayed), and the tags stayed in the files, but in MP3TAG, the tags had completely disappeared.

To make a long story short, I have found that Whenever I import music, The tags are fine until i change songs, and check the tags again. And at that point, the tags have all disappeared!

Then I retag them (without importing), and the tags stay this time.

I think there is an issue with iTunes trying to rewrite the tags, and then failing or something, and it is REALLY annoying, because this means I have to tag my music TWICE. And if anything ahppens to my collection I have to tag the whole thing twice which is unbelievably annoying.

Is there anyone else with this issue, and if you do, then is there any way I can solve it?

I think would it be better to write the tags in another format?

Thanks in advance, Kingfield.
  2. Mitalca

Mitalca New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I use MP3Tag also, and never had that problem
    See in the iTunes options, if you have enabled some option like "keep my library organized"
  3. Kingfield

Kingfield Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope Its not enabled, what version do you tag your files with?

ID3v2.4?
  4. Kingfield

Kingfield Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    buuuuuuuuump~ =="