What The Hell Is Going On???

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by fear_2670, Dec 17, 2008.

1. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

My Dell laptop is making this weird noise right around the back and it sounds like a motorcycle, but not that loud.
    Could anyone tell me what the hell going on and how can i fix it???
    Any help would be appreciated.
  2. vthiru

vthiru New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Same deal here as well: Sometime my HP laptop gives me this weird noise from it's fans. Also it powers of suddenly some times. Anyone know how to fix this?
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Maybe your hard drive is failing. That would suck if it died and you couldn't get it fixed over the holidays.
  4. Redshift

Redshift New Member

It's probably just a fan, it's easy for them to make a lot of noise if they become defective or something is caught. In fact, my friend has an HP laptop with a screwed up fan, sounds like a lawn mower, he's sending it in back to HP to get the fan replaced.
  5. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I read online that the Dell Inspiron 1525 tends to work hard keeping the laptop cool, but also tends to make annoying noise, but it's not making noise anymore.

@jpga13
    If the laptop were to get damaged, i would just get rid of it and get a new one, repairs are not worth it.
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

Well, if it makes those noises again, just shut it off for a while. The fans probably can't keep up with the heat build up in there and you just need to cool it down. You never want your laptop to sound like a motorcycle, thats for sure.
  7. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Look at the post above you, i know it's the fans, it just that they work too hard.
    I'm gonna go buy an external fan to put under to keep the heat controlled.