what the hell do i have?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mega10messi, Jan 21, 2010.

1. mega10messi

mega10messi New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    so for christmas i got an 8gb ipod touch 2nd generation or 3rd generation, i;m not sure which one it is thats why i'm asking u guys. My parents told me they bought the 2nd gen but i have model MC086LL which means 3rd gen. battery magic told me i had 2nd gen.

and at school, my friend , who has a 16gb 3rd gen ipod touch, was showing me how his ipod screen could turn negative, so when i tried to put mine in negative it didn't give me the option, so what do i really have?
  2. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ignore the battery app. you DO have a 3rd gen, but not the "real" 3rd gen. also there is no 16GB 3rd gen.
  3. mega10messi

mega10messi New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    o then he probably has the 32 gb, anyways what do u mean that i dont have the "real" 3rd gen?
  4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the 32 and 64gb 3rd gen got updated hardware (faster and stuff like that) and headphone with a mic. the 8gb didn't get that update so essentially it is the same as a 2g performance wise.
  5. mega10messi

mega10messi New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ahhh now i understand, thanks for your help you guys.
  6. ehh...just check on apple support...I remember about a year ago my iPod had a problem so I went to apple.com there was a support section which you had to log in w/ your apple account and then enter your serial#, after that it gives you an overview of your device (device, model/generation, capacity, warranty, ect) and stuff.
  7. iThrewMyiPodOutTheWindow

iThrewMyiPodOutTheWindow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks, Kevin. Lol I had no idea what the hell my version was so I follow your instructions.

Please Register or Log in to view images