What the heck? Boot loop, but still works through computer...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by iLoveMen, Dec 5, 2008.

1. iLoveMen

iLoveMen New Member

I have a 1G 2.2 touch and, long story short, i did some things with font swap and it crashed and i reset my ipod and now i got a boot loop. BUT. When i plug it into itunes i can still add/remove apps, songs, vids all like normal but the screen is just the apple symbol like its booting up.

Is this normal? ive never had a boot loop before and i was wondering if i should still go ahead and restore it or if there was some way i could get it out of it and not have to re do everything...
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    If you can connect to it, close iTunes. And use PuTTY and send this command a few times and it should turn on normally.

Code:
    killall SpringBoard
  3. iLoveMen

iLoveMen New Member

Er..I don't know how to use Putty. I got it downloaded but i have no idea what to do. I know how to ssh but i cant obviously because its not turning on so i can't enable ssh. Could you help me?
  4. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

get iphone tunnel suite, it uses ssh via usb
  5. iLoveMen

iLoveMen New Member

I shall try it!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    when i click terminal and its connected through itunnel it says server unexpectedly closed connection. HELP
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also when i was setting it up it doesnt have any option for fw 2.2