What the 'Geniuses' have to say about jailbreaking.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Edin., Mar 10, 2009.

1. Edin.

Edin. New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So a few days ago I went to the nearest Apple Store to go ahead and purchase a $25 gift card for the App Store/iTunes. While in the store, I was a bit worried to reveal my "tethered", jailbroken iPod Touch 2G because I figured that these employees would most likely kick me from the store. However, I decided to ask a Genius working on the counter to see what does he think about the jailbreaking scene and how Apple's decision might have been a good thing or bad.

This is what he had to say about jailbreaking (words aren't exact, but this is what I recall he said):

That was just one of the two Geniuses that I talked to. He was a very chill person and I had a fun time discussing about jailbreaking. I asked him if he felt that Apple made a wrong choice on claiming that jailbreaking was illegal and he said that Apple 'made a mistake on doing that action'.

The other Genius I talked to said that he didn't have a jailbroken iPhone, but he was planning on doing it (he told me to not tell anyone jokingly, but oh well!).

That was pretty much it. I know it's not really important, but it was just weird seeing a Genius respond to a jailbreak discussion. I'd normally expect that they don't allow even mentioning that word. Anyway, you guys should try and interview some of the employees in the Apple Store and see what they think about Jailbreaking. You'd be surprised on what they'd say.
  2. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Nice, and what does the Cycorder do because I seen that under Installer I believe? Do you know, but otherwise a good post and yeah Apple is a hungry GIANT! (lol)

Cheers, The Crow
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Its a video recorder and the Apple Genius' could give a crap unless it has to do with warranty. We talk about jailbreaking and hacking the Apple TV all the time
  4. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Eh. Apple Employees are people too. They probably are just smart enough to do it by themselves, unlike many people on this forum.
  5. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's good to know. At least not all the people who work at the store are ignorant idiots who spew Apple propaganda.
  6. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I was once in a Apple Store and i pulled out my iPod Touch to compare it to the 2g, and the employee behind me came and said "that thing looks awesome" he didn't even care.
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

i dont think they would care if they did see you with a jailbroken device.