What... The... F***???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Manson17, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Manson17

Manson17 New Member

Well, my ipod touch (16gb, jailbroken with 2.5 winpwn on firmware 2.0.2) was stuffing up a lot. Constantly crashing, getting stuck on bootlogo, then I'd have to ssh and rename applications and everything, and I was getting sick of it (I tried to look at tut's. I followed them and did what they said, nothing...), so I made new custom firmware and restored it again. now, the restore goes fine, backup goes fine, everything nice and peachy. So I open up Cydia and i get the usual re-organising. then the usual Upgrade essential. The ipod resprings and icons are missing. Most of my icons are missing. They just disappeared. I'm missing, Cydia, Installer, Calender, Notes, Itunes store and something else... I'm restoring it again now. But if anyone has seen this, or knows a fix please do post it here. Also, if anyone knows a good fix that helps the getting stuck on a bootlogo apart from the one with the tut that shows the squared icons and the using boss tool (which didn't work)...
    Sorry if this has been posted before... I really didn't know what to look under, and I have a few problems, so if they could all get fixed up, that would be nice

Please Register or Log in to view images

- Scott
  2. fatty matty

fatty matty New Member

install ssh if you didnt already after restore and then if icons dissapear again ssh and see if they are in/Applications and if they are make sure the permissions are correct

did you use categories before you restored because that might be a problem to
  3. nazer1290

nazer1290 New Member

Plz could you send me the .ipsw file you got from jailbreaking?
    nazer0@hotmail.com
  4. Nystrom jr

Nystrom jr New Member

OMG IDIOT he said i try to ssh and rename all apps XD
  5. Manson17

Manson17 New Member

Ok, thank everyone for their help. I restored it again and everything is working fine, and I was trying to install openssh when the problem did occure.
    I also did you use Categories, but I didnt have any set up when I restored.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    kk... Still getting stuck on bootlogo whenever I have to reboot. I then have to SSH and rename Applications folder. This is really annoying me... Does anyone know what to do?!?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And now it's still stuck. Getting VERY hot. I just downloaded poof and it did the evil turning circle thing, froze, screen went dim, nothing

I cant even press home/sleep buttons. nothing. Ugh...
    Now I have to wait untill the battery runs out.