What should I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SurgeV1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. SurgeV1

SurgeV1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Long story short: My friend came to me last night and asked me to unlock his iPhone3GS. I couldn't, because his was already on 4.0, I couldn't even downgrade it for him. So today, he traded with another friend and he has a iPhone3GS that's on 3.1.3 now. I couldn't jailbreak that to 4.0 either....so now we're looking at:

His offer to trade iPhones with me(Mine is jailbroken at 3.1.2/3 i believe.) AND he's throwing in
    - $100
    - his iPod Touch

What should I do? It seems fine and all, but I really would miss all the free apps I can get thanks to it being jailbroken.
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What generation is his iPod?

And those "free apps" you mentioned hopefully are not cracked apps, as that is against the rules.
  3. SurgeV1

SurgeV1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    As it stands now? It's $125, and his white iPhone3GS with 16GB. Uhhh, It should be 2G if it's the same one I jailbroke last year.

Ohhh, yeah. Sorry about that haha. But, I just needed to kinda explain everything, so you guys know how hard this decision is :/
  4. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'd check the condition of the devices. Make sure to see if they are scratched up, etc. If they are in pretty good shape I would accept the deal and sell the devices for a new or barely used iPhone 3GS (old bootrom). But that's just me.
  5. link07

link07 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    say yes; sell them; buy iPhone 4 and wait for jailbreak which should happen in a week or two from some other posts I've seen (on main page)