What should i do

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ironsidedonald, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ironsidedonald

ironsidedonald New Member

my headphone jack is fu*ked every time the cord moves around the left side of my headphones cuts out. i have tried 3 diff headphones no luck. but my problem is i want to send it into apple but im afraid they will upgrade it to 1.1.3, and i dont know if me jailbreaking my ipod voids the warranty ,

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. dranktherest

dranktherest New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you're going to send it to apple, then completely restore it to a like new iPod. Jailbreaking does void the warranty, but since it's only software modification, restoring will undo it. (you may want to check for remaining evidence of the jailbreak...features that you changed that may have remained like a custom carrier icon, or a modified home button feature.) And don't worry about a practically new ipod looking suspicious because since the ipod has calendar and contacts apps, you can make the case that you were just removing any personal information.
    I don't see why they would update you to 1.1.3, but if they do, then you can just downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak again.
  3. ironsidedonald

ironsidedonald New Member

thanx

do u think it could be the amplifier app doing this because i cant think why it would all od the sudden cut out?
  4. dranktherest

dranktherest New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i don't know. If you want to diagnose the problem yourself (which i think is a very good idea), you should try uninstalling it/any other programs you've installed recently, they may be having a collaborative effect causing your given problem. If that doesn't work, and you feel the time has come to restore and call in Apple, you may want to see if the problem consists after the restore. Then you can learn for yourself if it is hardware or software that's at fault. As a general rule, it's wise not to change too many things at once, so that when this sort of thing happens, you can try to determine the cause in a straight-forward and logical manner.
  5. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

I just told someone this... Restore it then try it with a new pair of headphones. If it doesn't work, send it back to Apple since you HAVE GOT TO restore it before you send it to them.