What should I do next?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by midnight0045, Feb 15, 2009.

1. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ok here it is.. my 100th thread about this and still looking for a solution to boot my ipod, has been not bootable for 4 days now

where i am at now

1. plug in the ipod touch

2. vista pops up a window, "unrecognized USB Device"

3. DFU Mode process, timed perfectly with the power button release at 10 seconds and holding home button for 30-45 seconds after power button release

8 seconds into the DFU process, windows beeps telling me there has been a disconnection of the unknown usb device

5. 2 seconds later i release the power and continue holding the home button for 30 seconds

There is NO NEW BEEP after this step .. there is no new window from vista recognizing the ipod touch, itunes does not open prompting a restore..

i can't use ANY one click booters because the ipod wont fully go into DFU mode

my timing is perfect, i have used all usb ports, i have restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled libwin/itunes/mobiledevice support

I mean.. i can plug in the sh*t ipod and SOMETHING happens once it is plugged in... telling me the ipod is not completely dead and still has a glimmer of hope... but i have tried for days to put the thing into DFU mode.. and it just won't fully go into DFU...

since the ipod touch is NOT BOOTABLE to anything apple could do to it, i will most likely be sending it in and receiving a new one, there is no way to tell of any jailbreak or tampering with the ipod at all.. so apple really doesn't have much of a choice but to replace it... hardware errors are covered under warranty.. (the ipod touch has never been dropped or gotten wet)

What the hell should i do here
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When it disconnects, try unplugging your iPod and then plugging it back in.
  3. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    when it disconnects as i attempt to do the DFU mode?

so hold DFU mode until i hear vista disconnect.. then release, unplug my ipod touch, plug in my ipod touch... and attempt the DFU process again?
  4. bunty_52

bunty_52 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ymptoms: ur computer does nor recognise ur ipod (it says malfunctioned)
    Ur ipod's screen is black and it does not reboot

Note that u ipod will not be jailbroken after these steps. but u can jailbreak it later

This occurs when switch off ur jailbroken ipod (in thethered cases) and try to switch it on.
    1)Just switch on ur speakers so that u r able to hear sound
    2) this is similar to dfu: hold both power and home screen buttons. after 10 sec leave the power button (whether u hear a sound or not) and keep pressing home button till u hear a sound(it may take 30 sec) if u dont hear the sound try again.
    3) U'll hear a sound that means ur pc recognised ur ipod. Now itunes will appear. click on shift+restore. browse for ur ipod firmware and select ok.
    4) ur ipod will restore to original setting(will start working) and will not be jailbroken anymore
    5) now u can jailbreak if u wish
  5. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    that was a dumb post but thank you anyway

anybody else
  6. bunty_52

bunty_52 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what dumb post! It actually helped many people!!!
  7. Tavis_C

Tavis_C Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You raped the english language in that post. To death.

Midnight, I don't have Vista, so I may not be able to help too much. But for me, getting into DFU mode is not that hard. All I do is hold both buttons for 10 seconds, then just home for 8, not the 30-45 as you do. Try doing it with just the 18 seconds total, and letting go once its passed. Maybe that will work for you.
  8. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it made no sense...

so you have libusb installed in compatibility mode?
  9. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    libusb is installed in correct compatibility, and the home button timing shouldn't matter if you hold it past the time that actually puts the ipod into DFU mode

i believe the ipod simply will not boot and is corrupt/bricked/whatever the hell you want to call it... i have done the dfu process for 3 days now trying every single thing i can think of... whatever.. but it works to my advantage because apple will follow up with warranty and i will receive another one...
  10. mattehww

mattehww New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how did you get apple to send you another one? i have a very similar problem to yours and its most definately bricked. should i call them first? or just go into an apple store?