What should I do first

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drslippyfist, Sep 14, 2009.

1. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    O.K. I'm pretty stupid. The only thing that I can do well is read (exact)instructions.I have a jailbroken ipod touch 2g and I am running itunes 8.2. I just bought a 32g 3rd generation. I figure I am going to update the itunes to 9 and restore my 2g so its unjailbroken, give it to my wife and then jailbreak them both when all of the proper stuff comes out from the dev team. (I am aware that Ill lose any cydia stuff but that ok with me because I didn't purchase anything.I'm a little confused about what step I should take first. Also is there anything special that needs to be done to backup the 2g before I restore it or when I hit restore will it automatically backup everything. thanks for your help.
  2. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

First make a backup by clicking on the device in the left menu and click back-up. Make sure that you have no icons in folders or a custom carrier or anything like that because those things will stay, since it is a springboard strings hack. Then click restore and restore it, then restore all the contents by restoring it from your backup. Wait untill proper JB tools come out for the 3g, ????, profit.
  3. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks ninja. Should I do the backup and restore before I update my itunes?
  4. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

To be on the safe side, yes.