What should i do first?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kmax82, Jun 10, 2009.

1. kmax82

kmax82 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey guys i got a ipod touch 2 generation and i was just wondering what should i do first either jailbreak... or wait for the 3.0 update June 17 which is a couple of days now. Or wait for a jailbreak for the 3.0 update full version for the ipod touch 2 generation with itunes 8.2
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You should just jailbreak now, since it doesnt really affect the 3.0 jailbreak or anything... and its really easy to do.
  3. kmax82

kmax82 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yah i know i jailbroke it before but once i heard about the 3.0 i restored it, But when the 3.0 comes out can i get it and can i jailbreak it without deleting on my ipodtouch
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You will have to restore if the jailbreak is similar to the one thats out right now... but who knows, the jailbreak might me different.
  5. kmax82

kmax82 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    so your saying i most likely have to delete everything again when the 3.0 jailbreak comes out
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yea...
  7. kmax82

kmax82 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Lol i hate this cause i want to jailbreak but apple always come up with updates or any new little features where i have to re jailbreak and then everything is gone again lol
  8. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Anytime you re-jailbreak requires a restore with the new firmware. Try downloading aptbackup from cydia. It should keep memory of what cydia apps you've downloaded so you don't miss anything when you restore. It won't keep it on your touch but it will keep memory of what you had. If you can wait just wait then so you don't have to re-download everything. I would but my iPhone has already been jailbroken long ago. I have a 2G touch too and haven't bothered to jailbreak yet. So I'm waiting so I don't have to redownload I can do it fresh when 3.0 is released.
  9. kmax82

kmax82 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yah thats what im going to do when 3.0 is released im going to jailbreak because its going to be a very long time when another firmware comes out
  10. agsgymboy

agsgymboy New Member

Seriously, USE APTBACKUP! First, jailbreak. Open apt backup, click backup, sync to itunes (multiple times until it says backing up ipod), update firmware, restore ipod to last used backup, re-download apt-backup, open aptbackup, click restore. Wait until it says it is done (time varies on internet speed, and things downloaded when on 2.21). done.