what SHOULD be on 2.1...

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by Tman47, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay so this is your dream thread, it doesnt matter how likely or not. but just list what possible things you would like on future firmware

personally for me i woulds obviously like all bugs fixed. although that wont happen.

also copy paste. and turn by turn directions

something i would love for the iphone is a way to save individual text messages

like you tap one text bubble and it gives you the option to export to notes or email or something, that'd be cool....

also a quick question, could apple put in mms as part of the sms app or is that something that couldnt be dont by a simple firmware upgrade?
  2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    there is a new thread on this search for it
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Copy & Paste is already here. It is an Open Framework that is Apple friendly that developers just need to integrate into their apps and it'll be able to be used between Apps. More information here: http://openclip.org/

MMS is completely useless. Email does a better job at it and is FREE compared to the outrageous prices of MMS.
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well not for people who have unltd texts....

plus tes i get tired of getting a text from someone trying to send me a pic and it saying go to this website with this randomly generated username and password and you can see the pic i just took of my cat, and then me having to tell them, oh you have to send it to my email...
  5. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    but the real question is weather apple will add/use copy and paste in all the default apps?
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    also for copy paste what about native apps like safari and sms...
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    MMS is not included in most "Unlimited Text" plans though isn't it? Now see, the advantage of not embracing MMS makes it so more people will get iPhones or Phones with better Email handling capabilities. And Apple sees that.

Apple could, I hope they would. But its a great start as of now don't you think?
  8. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well heck yes I do! been waitin a long time for it...at least know we can have a copy and paste snack...but we don't get the meal until apple bakes it.
  9. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    see thats why i missed you tes lol.

but then instead of that i think there should be a direct link in the sms app to mail...

like if someone could make this as a jailbroken app, it would show a little camera icon and you could choose photo library or camera and then it auto has their number in the recipient and gives you a list of the @xxxxx.com for whichever carrier they have....

okay im just day dreaming ik but it would be nice

oh also, idk if a video recorder is being made for the appstore but apple should make it a default app...
  10. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My number one thing I want fixed is apps moving. Unlike Installer/Cydia apps, when you upgrade app store apps, it pops up a new installing button at the end of your apps then the original one disappears and you have to move it all the way back to where you had it. It gets old quick.