What Should Be Done

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Baker5, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Whats Happening
    When some members see a thread that is in direct violation of the rule(s) set forth on this forum by the moderators/admin, they have the tendancy to; instead of reporting the post, they will post a comment on how the member is about to be banned and or how he is "dumb, stupid, noobish, etc."​

This does not help the moderating staff take care of the situation because the post has yet to be reported as a violation. Consequently, when the post isn't reported, then the thread will stay open and the member will not recieve the punishment he/she deserves. This allows more members to post the infamous "banhammer" quotes and/or fail pictures. All of these things happen a considerable amount every week. I feel that when these activities occur, that it makes our site look bad and cluttered by meaningless threads/posts.​

Suggestions On How It Can Be Fixed
    • When there is a post/thread that you know is in violation of a rule, report it.​
    • If it is a new member that is confused or hasnt read the rules, the first person may tell him, in a kind manner, to correct his/her post so that it abides by the rules.​
    • Help point him/her in the correct direction, when needed.​
    • Make sure that even though you use the report function for good, that it shouldn't be abused by faulty accusations or stupidity by members.​
    Proposed New Rule

If you do post in a thread in which you see that a particular member has violated a rule and say, "dumb, stupid, noobish, etc." or "banhammer" or show signs of flaming/rude commenting, you should;​

• First Offense-Recieve a warning​
    • Second Offense-Infraction​
    • Third Offense-Infraction(Aggravated)​
    • Fourth Offense-PERMA-BAN​
    -The intensity of the infraction is at full discretion of the moderator-

These are just some of my thoughts about how we can improve the site overall for those who par-take in the community. Im not saying this is the way things should be but something along these lines i believe will only help the site.

Ideas and Comments Welcome
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't use the Center code on the Bullets.
  3. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    your first suggestions can do wonders
  4. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I, for one, am all for this. It's all well and good users repeatedly posting "BAN HAMMERRRR!!!" and such, but if no-one reports it then it's all down to the luck of a mod stumbling across it.

Believe me, we mods can't be everywhere at once, and we rely on users effectively reporting posts. Plus, if you do post something in the thread, all it does is bump it back to the front page, exposing more people to it.

We're not any different to you guys, we don't read through 50+ pages of posts just for fun, so if you come across something illegal, report it then move along!
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    good idea bapesbaseball5. i wish people would just report and leave also. its a distraction and then im sure the mods dont like searching through 100 posts to ban people. also it leads to a million useless threads afterwards on how the mods have to dedicate more time to the forum and that we had to watch people post in a dumb thread for like 30 minutes OMG. the horror. thats another thing to be taken care of. they didn't hurt anyone so its no big deal. if its really bad stop clicking on it.
  7. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I echo the sentiments of Meikura..
  8. beebop

beebop New Member

1 question...

Why isn't teslanut a mod? just because everyone would get banned?
  9. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

He's not a moderator because bgizzle has not made him a moderator. It's his decision.
    End of story.
  10. Duykur

Duykur Banned

I bet the mods have seen my infinite reports in their section, but i do feel i have the right to tell the person he will be banned before he is banned